Bob has served as a City Commissioner since November 2016. He served as Chair (2014-2016) and Member (2013-2014) of the City of Parkland Education Advisory Board and Member of the City of Parkland Planning & Zoning Advisory Board (2008-2013).
Mr. Mayersohn is the owner of GR Enterprises, a food brokerage firm based in Parkland, Florida. Born in Bronx, New York and raised in Flushing and Spring Valley, New York, Mr. Mayersohn graduated from SI Newhouse School of Public Communication at Syracuse University with a Master's of Science Degree and with a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the State University College of New York at Buffalo.
Mr. Mayersohn moved to Florida in 1983 and to Mayfair of Parkland in 1996. He has been involved in a wide variety of community causes and activities.
- Board of Supervisors, Pine Tree Water Control District (2016-present)
- Founding Member, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School PTSA
- Member, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School SAC
- Former President (2009-2016) and current Board Member Parkland Buddy Sports
- Former Chair, Exceptional Child Florida PTA Board of Directors (2016-2018)
- Member, Children's Services Council of Broward, Broward Reads Coalition
- President, Kiwanis Tamarac Foundation
- Former Co-Chair, Children's Services Council of Broward, Special Needs Advisory Coalition-TWEEN SNAC
- Board of Directors, Florida League of Cities
- President, Broward League of Cities
- Member, Broward County Children's Services Board (2012-Present)
- Chair, Broward County Children's Service Board Needs Assessment Committee (2018-Present)
- Parkland Chamber of Commerce-Board of Directors (2017-present)
- Former 1st Vice President, Broward County Council of PTA/PTSAs (2016-2018)
- Former HOA Board Member, Mayfair of Parkland (2008-2016)
- Former Chair (2014-2016), Former Member (2013-2014), Parkland Education Advisory Board
- Former Member (2008-2013), Parkland Planning & Zoning Advisory Board
- Former Chair (2009-2011), Broward County Schools Exceptional Student Education Advisory Council.
- Son, Garrett-Graduate of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Graduate of Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton.
- SI Newhouse School of Public Communication at Syracuse University, Master of Science, Telecommunications/Film
- State University of New York, College at Buffalo, Bachelor of Arts, Communications
- 2011 Broward County of Commissioners, Advisory Board for Individuals with Disabilities, Volunteer of the Year-Advocacy and Support for Individuals with Disabilities
- Congressional Record, May 2016, Honoring "Champion of Students" Centennial Award, Broward County Public Schools.
- Kiwanis Club of Tamarac -"2015 Ron Hawthorn Humanitarian of the Year."
- Broward 211 "Making Real Connections" 2018 Honoree
- 10th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards- Broward 211 Inaugural Excellence Award
- 2020 Florida League of Cities -Home Rule Hero Award
- National Association of Catering Executives
- Florida Motion Picture Television Association
- AERHO National Broadcast Honor Society