About UsThe Human Resource Department recruits, retains, and develops a qualified and engaged workforce best suited to carry out the mission of the City of Parkland. Our responsibilities include recruitment, compensation and benefits, employee engagement, class specifications, training and development, safety and worker's compensation, and volunteer opportunities for the community.
Meet the TeamKristin Milligan, Human Resources Director
Kristin leads the Human Resources Department. She brings 9 years of HR experience and possesses a Masters of Science in Law and Policy as well as her SPHR, IPMA-SCP, and SHRM-CP designations. Kristin can be reached via e-mail or via phone at 954.757.4208.
Kim Bautista, Human Resources Manager
Kim is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the City's Human Resources department. Kim has over 20 years of Human Resources experience and has a bachelor's degree in Human Resources as well as her PHR designation. Kim can be reached via e-mail or via phone at 954.757.4168.Britney Campbell, Human Resources Coordinator
Britney has spent most of her career in the hospitality sector bringing vast experience in customer service as well as a bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a minor in Human Resources from Nova Southeastern University. Britney can be reached via e-mail or via phone at 954.757.4145.
Our GoalThe Human Resources Department partners strategically with departments throughout the City to achieve organizational effectiveness and is fully aligned with the vision, mission, and goals of the City of Parkland. We achieve operational effectiveness by providing a workplace where employees' work is directly aligned with organizational goals and a work environment that is supportive, respectful, challenging, and rewarding.
Inspired by the City's goal to provide exceptional service to the residents of Parkland, our Department aims to achieve this through our team-work philosophy, proactive efforts, and commitment to Human Resources best practices.
Mission StatementIt is the mission of the Human Resources department to provide the following quality services to the employees of the City of Parkland:
- Recruitment and retention of qualified employees and volunteers
- Development, maintenance, and administration of a competitive compensation plan and comprehensive benefits package
- Training, development, and education to promote individual success and increase overall value to the organization
- A safe and healthful working environment
- Inspiration and encouragement for a high level of employee engagement through recognition, effective communication, growth opportunities, and constant feedback
- Development and administration of policies and procedures that are meaningful and aligned with the mission of the City while remaining applicable to daily operations.