The Building Department is now utilizing the Luxer One Lockers on the side of City Hall for permit drop offs and pickups. Please refer to the Luxer One Guide or see Building Department staff for training on the locker system.
The City of Parkland will be moving to a new permitting software in the coming months. For more information on the incoming program, My Government Online (MGO), please select the link below.
Our mission is to safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of City residents and the business community through the enforcement of building codes and standards. To this end, we issue building permits based on approvals of plans for residential and commercial projects.
The Building Department ensures that certified inspectors:
1. Perform the required inspections in structural, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical trades
2. Schedule and track inspections for the zoning, landscaping, engineering, and fire departments
3. Issue certificates of occupancy
This division also oversees the issuance of waste hauler registrations for the community.
Inspection requests and results are available through the eTRAKiT portal online (see the instructions below). Visit the City of Parkland request for inspection form to submit an online form requesting an inspection or contact the building department at 954.753.5447.
Please refer to the link below concerning changes to contractor licensing with Florida House Bill HB735.
Directions & Portal Access Information
- View contractor and public electronic permit online access.
- View contractor instructions for eTRAKiT online system.
- View general public instructions for eTRAKiT online system.
- You can check the status of a permit by using this system. If you need a login for the system, please contact the building department at 954.753.5447 to obtain a temporary password for your company.