Mission StatementThe mission of the City of Parkland's Finance Department is:
- To preserve the City's strong financial condition by creating a financial strategy, effectively managing the City's resources, and providing analysis and recommendations that ensure optimal economic results.
- To provide accurate financial information in a timely manner.
- To produce and generate information that is meaningful and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and department procedures.
- Provide financial policy, cash management, debt management, accounting, accounts payable, and payroll
- Monitor the City’s financial condition and provide financial strategies to ensure fiscal solvency
- Prepare quarterly financial operating statements
- Assist with the preparation of the annual Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Assist with the annual audit
- Prepare and process all payroll functions as they relate to generating paychecks
- Oversee the entering of hours and proper compliance of Human Resources Rules and Regulations
- Prepare quarterly 941s and annual 1099s and W-2s
- Prepare all changes as they relate to employees.
- Prepare the Annual Budget and Capital Improvement Program
- Prepare all information relating to TRIM (Truth in Millage) Rates utilized for property tax assessment purposes
- Provide monthly year-to-date reports to departments
- Conduct monthly budget meeting with departments
- Maintain and update the quarterly performance measurement system
- Coordinate and administer the City-wide survey program
- Coordinate and implement department surveys
- Assist with the City Strategic Planning Process
General Insurance (Property, Casualty, and Liability)
- Administer and maintain the City’s insurance programs for general, professional, vehicle liability, and property insurance