Planning and Zoning Division
- Administer and coordinate City, State, and regional land-use policies, regulations, and other legislation to ensure developments that are consistent with the City’s standards, policies, and plans that enhance the quality and character of the community.
Development Standards and Regulations
- Provide technical assistance to developers and citizens in a manner which facilitates their compliance with development standards and regulations.
View the City of Parkland Setback Chart (PDF).
- Provide the City Commission, Planning and Zoning Board, and City Manager accurate, timely, and complete information and recommendations relative to land use and zoning applications, legislation, environmental review, and other matters affecting land development within and in proximity to the City.
- Review building permits for compliance with the City’s Land Development Code and State Statute.
- If an applicant believes he / she is entitled to expedited processing of an application for a building permit or development order, the applicant shall advise the City of Parkland, upon submission of the application, of the statutory basis entitling he / she to expedited processing. The City shall give applications for building permits or development orders that are entitled to expedited processing first priority and applicants may expect that such applications will be reviewed and processed quicker than other applications.
The Planning and Zoning Division's mission is to promote orderly and quality development in the community by ensuring that all land use and development proposals conform to the City's Comprehensive Plan and Code of Ordinances.