- Parks and Recreation
The City of Parkland (City) has adopted an approved trainer process for those who train [or develop] people at City parks. All trainers (whether charging fees or not) are required to go through an approval process. All trainers must:
- Download the fillable trainer application (PDF).
- Complete the application and submit to ParklandAthletics@cityofparkland.org
- The Parks and Recreation Manager or designee will contact you within five (5) business days to discuss your application.
- The Parks and Recreation Manager or designee will provide you an e-mail to complete a mandatory criminal background screening.
- Upon completion of a successful background clearance, submit required annual payment to the City of Parkland.
- Sign and execute the City’s Training Services Agreement and submit required insurance.
- Once completed, you will be issued an Approved Trainer Identification Card that must be available to present to City staff while providing services at our parks.
- If training groups of more than six (6), a field permit will also be required. Fields could be used on a first come, first serve basis for groups six (6) or less based off availability.
The City of Parkland Parks and Recreation Division is committed to providing recreational opportunities for all residents of the City. Please see the links below for city ran adult athletics.
The City of Parkland Parks and Recreation Division is dedicated to continuing a close cooperative relationship with our local sports organizations and civic associations. The City of Parkland does not operate the sports organizations. They are each operated by a private non-profit organization that must adhere to the City of Parkland Sports Policy (PDF).
These activities are found in the City:
- Buddy Sports
- The Non-Resident Sports Fee is $100.00 per player per sport.
Field Condition Hotline
The City also maintains a field condition hotline that sports team members can consult to confirm field schedules and weather cancellations. You can reach the hotline at 954.757.4110. It is updated daily after 4:00 pm.